Support is needed
How To Join (free)
Gmail Spam Fix
How To Unsubscribe
How To Donate
Cascadians near and far, Friends and Colleagues,
Here's...The Good News...
Our email list is up and working. ( Thanks Tony ! )
...The Other Good News....
Several Kind and very Generous offers to host the Email service, were made by a few members. Thanks so very much to those folks for their offers.
After a discussion about what direction the Cascadia Email service should take, the AD HOC Committee decided to contract with a COMMERCIAL Host. It was felt that an independent service would give a better sense of stability to us all.
....The NOT So .. Good News (The other Shoe is about to be dropped ).....
I'll be Blunt !
The Commercial Email service will cost.... $300 a year. (10% discount if One year pre-pay)
Our contract was/is as follows:
The total charge was paid in advance.
Set up and Domain fees Total... $70...
One year membership... $ 270.00 ( a 10% discount for Pre-Pay)
We are CURRENTLY Paid Up in full until February 2011..
To Date, I have withdrawn $ 340.00 from my Personal Checking Account to make That payment.
Mayday, Mayday, Mayday !!!!
Could you help ?
It Won't hurt very much--- With over 100 active members in our group, ...
Look at the Math. !!
SOON, I'LL BE POSTING A SEPARATE MESSAGE, SUGGESTING WAYS IN WHICH YOU CAN HELP..........
What ever you feel about the Cascadia Sailing Association, It's new Email system, Or the Ad Hoc Committee,.....
**I make this personal pledge to you all....
- There has always been an understanding that Membership will be Open and....FREE to anyone.
It will REMAIN that way !
- There will NEVER be a Threat to remove or curtail any Cascadia Sailing Assn. service, from any individual, based solely on whether or not a request for a contribution or FEE(s) was honored by that individual.
- No Member or committee, will gain profit, in Monies or Services, from any contributions or fees given by members or non-members to the Cascadia Sailing Association.
- Any contribution or fee SURPLUS will be retained and applied to the following year's Email Contract Billing.
- There will be a strenuous effort to Report the status of all accounts as often as is possible.
With your support, It's hoped that our Cascadian Connection will remain active for many years to come.
How to donate
Comments and suggestions are Welcomed.
"ALWAYS FLY.... YOUR FLAGGY THINGY !!
Ralph Ahseln (AKA: R.A.T. )
"Oblio" Catalina 27
Lying; Hayden Bay Marina, Portland OR